Laser Tattoo Removal
Effective tattoo removal, application of topical anaesthetic, application of post treatment cream
How does laser tattoo removal work?
The laser is a form of light that specifically targets tattoo pigment in the skin. The tattoo pigment absorbs the laser light and is broken up into small fragments. These tiny fragments of pigment are then taken away by the body naturally in the 2~3 weeks following the treatment.
How many treatments are required?
It typically takes 8-12 sessions of laser treatment for a tattoo removal.
What are the side effects of laser tattoo removal?
With laser tattoo removal it is normal to experience inflammation of the skin that comprises or redness, swelling, crusting and occasional blistering. The skin may bleed or swell. This reaction typically lasts a few days and is helped by topical ointment and gentle washing of the skin. Erythema can also occur. Rarely, scarring of the skin surface and pigment loss can occur.
What is the treatment interval for laser tattoo removal?
For tattoo removal the treatment intervals are generally every 6-8 weeks but this may be extended for patients with darker skin types, or if the skin has not returned to baseline condition and side effects including erythema have not resolved.
Are there any downtime after laser tattoo removal?
Yes, there is a downtime of 3-7 days post laser tattoo removal treatment.
3cm x 3cm
7cm x 4cm
9cm x 5cm
11cm x 7cm
15cm x 10cm
21cm x 15cm
21cm x 22cm
21cm x 30cm
$27 was $55
$39 was $75
$49 was $95
$69 was $125
$84 was $155
$114 was $205
$159 was $275
$189 was $325
- Avoid exposure to sunlight, sun-beds and fake tan for at least 4 weeks.
- If the tattooed area is covered by hair, please shave the area 1 day prior to treatment.
- Do not drink alcohol 24 hours prior to tattoo removal treatment.
- Do advise us of any change in medication.
- If the skin has not broken, a dry sterile dressing will be placed over the treated area to protect it.
- The area will become raised and feel hot and can be cooled with the use of a cold compress, ice pack or a pack of peas from the freezer wrapped in a clean cloth. (Do not apply ice directly to the skin as this can cause a burn).
- As long as the skin is unbroken cooling products such as Aloe Vera gel can be used to give relief to the sunburn type feeling of the treated area.
- E45 cream, Aloe Vera gel or Vaseline can be used to relieve the itching which normally occurs 3-5 days after the treatment.
- Avoid drinking alcohol within 24 hours.
- Avoid restrictive clothing.
- Avoid perfume or body lotions to the area.
- Avoid hot baths or continuous soaking.
- Avoid heat treatments such as saunas and steam rooms.
- Avoid swimming.
- Avoid lying in the sun or using sun beds.
- Avoid picking at any scabs.
- Avoid allowing the area to become scrapped.
Take great care of the treated area in order to obtain the best end result.